Saturday, May 8, 2010

Last Saturday

Last Saturday was a lot of fun. After breakfast Roo and I went over to the lake to feed the fish. The fish really liked his big pieces of bread he gave them. When we were ready to leave a duck decided to become his new friend. He had a little bit of bread left and the duck liked it. He kept trying to run up and touch the duck and though I was afraid the duck would attack it just ran away. I love that our neighborhood has a few lakes in it; our friend in Maine would call them ponds.

After hanging out at the lake for a bit we headed over to the farmer's market. It was it's first weekend of the season that it was open. We didn't buy anything since we weren't going home after but I need to remember to bring money the next time we go, and a cooler, so we can get some fresh eggs from the egg co-op. As the season goes on we'll split our time between that farmer's market and the one in the Spotsy commuter lot which is much larger.

After heading to town and getting a gift for our neighbor's sons birthday party the following day, we had lunch and then tried out the new bowling alley. Roo had a good time at the bowling alley but wanted to bowl with ball's based on their color, which was a little challenging with the bumpers up. He was cute and had a good time.

When we got home later that day we decided to have fun playing outside and not do much else. Daddy was a little under the weather so we tried to be nice and let him rest. Bug didn't nap well so I took him to get more seeds and a couple more pots and we had a nice time out.

I really enjoy going out and about with Roo and Bug has been showing even more interest recently in going out with me. I'm looking forward to us all going out and about a lot more this summer. It'll be even better if Bug moves his morning nap to the afternoon and starts taking one nap a day. Ah, the weekends just aren't long enough.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

I like that you and Roo got to spend some quality time running errands together. That duck was probably terrified of him, though. Cute that he picked his bowling balls by color--that Roo loves colors, eh? Maybe a tiny budding artist? Aw, and Bug getting into the act helping you shop as well...nice to have little helpers! :)