Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Big Day

Today was Bug's surgery day. He had ear tubes inserted and a frenectomy (his tongue tie was clipped). The surgery itself didn't last very long. Daddy arrived with Bug, I dropped Roo off and then arrived. We played with Bug as much as we could before his surgery but he was a bit grumpy because he had a very empty tummy. The nurses were wonderful and made him comfortable enough that when they took him back, he didn't cry. I think handing him over and them carrying him back was the hardest part for me. When he got back he was even more grumpy and wanted nothing to do with the bottle full of water I had prepared for him. This is what I figured would happen so I was prepared with milk to pour into his baba. The nurse got some hot water, we warmed the baba, finished all the discharge paperwork and wa la, we were outta there.

Bug cried the entire way home. I was hoping he'd fall asleep in the car but no such luck. We got home and he was in bed for a nap by 9am. He woke up after just about an hour and I went and napped with him in his chair until a little before noon. He was still pretty grouchy when he got up so I gave him some lunch and had him back down for a nap at 1. He got up around 2 and was in much better spirits. He had a blast playing with Baxter for the rest of the day until we picked up Roo.

We're glad the surgery went smoothly and hopefully he'll be ear infection free!

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

*HUGS* to you guys! That had to be a tough day for everyone involved. But I'm glad that it went well and it's behind the Bug now. :)