Thursday, February 20, 2014

Racing

Yesterday I registered for the Marine Corps 17.75k. That's a little over 11 miles. I don't know what I was thinking or how I even got in. I haven't been running as consistently since the holidays but I did get a 5 mile hilly run in a few weeks ago. I've got 7 weeks to get ready and I'm sure it'll be ok. Change that, as long as the tendon in my foot doesn't actually tear, it'll be ok. After that race I have an 8k in Williamsburg with Nancy in May, the Color Run in Richmond with multiple friends in September and then I'll do something around Thanksgiving before getting my foot fixed in late November or early December. If you finish the 17.75 you gain automatic entry into the Marine Corps Marathon, but that distance is too far for my foot this year. I'm hoping I'll be able to defer that until next year. There's the potential for a sprint tri in August but I just don't know if the pool is the right thing for my foot, I need to think more about that one, or perhaps doing it as a relay. Anyway, all of this to help me get fit for Uncle Matt and Future Aunt Leah's wedding!

No comments: