In the car to/from the sitter's we watch Elmo's Potty Time, and we watch in the car on the weekends too. Roo gets the fact that Elmo doesn't need diapers anymore and uses the potty to pee and poo but he hasn't translated that for himself yet. I got him a pack of Elmo underwear today when we were out in town; last week I got him an Elmo toilet seat. When we got home, I changed him into it. When the first pair got wet, I told him to make sure he lets mommy and daddy know when he needs to pee. When he wet the second pair he got really upset about getting all wet and asked for his diaper back.
The rest of the night he just had fun playing with his underwear. When he's ready, we'll put forth a full effort, but neither one of us really thinks he's ready yet. And trust me, we'll let you know once he's potty trained!
No comments:
Post a Comment