Sunday, October 19, 2008

You Can't Take My Doggie Away

As we've been getting the house together for our new arrival, we thought it would also be good to take Baxter to the vet and get him groomed. Yesterday morning, The Roo and I left to go to town to drop Baxter off at the vet; Daddy would use the time we're away to paint the nursery. Roo and I went in to drop Baxter off for the day. Roo, the dog lover himself, did not like the vet at all and didn't leave my side the entire time. When we left without Baxter, he burst into tears. Fast forward to much later in the afternoon. We all went back into town to pick Baxter up from the vet. Daddy stayed in the car with Roo while mommy got Baxter. Roo was very excited that Baxter was back......but we still had to take him to get groomed. We drove across town to our favorite grooming place, Barks n Bubbles and I dropped him off. As soon as I left the car with Baxter, I heard Roo break down into tears all over again. Poor little guy, was sobbing, "no, I want my doggie," "I love B."

Baxter's got a great grooming and is nice and clean now. And Roo is happy his doggie is back.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

Do you go to Barks N' Bubbles in Fredericksburg? If so, I think I went to Bridgewater with the owner: Wanzer Smith. He was on the track team with me. I'm like 87% sure that's his business now. Small world...